With the coming of the comitiva of D. Peter II the Sergipe, President Dr. Manoel of the Galvo Wedge started to undertake a series of improvements, between which a space for the landing of people deserves prominence, also of the Imperial Family. Galvo, president of the Province, requested to the engineer Peter Pear tree of Andrade the construction of a bridge with the objective of the arrival of the Imperial Comitiva. Frequent the Bridge of the Emperor needs repairs, since the maresia demands substitution of consumed parts, etc. Each governor is responsible for keeping its conservation. Constructed in 1859, in the administration of engineer Dr. Manuel of the Galvo Wedge, in the period where the visit of the Emperor was announced, in its excursion for the provinces of the North, the Bridge was all wooden one and in its entrance if it raised a great Arc of Star, in aluso to the ordered arc to raise for Napoleo in Paris, in 1806.
After the period of seven years of its construction, the Bridge already demanded repairs. In 1867 president Dr. Jose Pear tree Da Silva Moraes ordered to reconstruct it, therefore it wanted that it was all in iron or at least on pillars of rock and whitewash with vigame and ballast of iron. The occured transformations in the reforms of 1904 and 1920 had given to the old Bridge of the Emperor a place of prominence in the urban panorama and social of the city of Aracaju, moment where the sergipana society, did not accept the destruction of a so important monument in that period. Dr. Josino Meneses, through the engineer Heraclitus de Faria Rasp, ordered in England a Metallic Bridge, revitalizing the existing porch as torrees castelares, with the aspect of a strong square. The beginning Da Ponte, proceeding from England, as well as the lampies and the ordered banks of iron of Rio De Janeiro had been aspects that had provided the satisfaction of the sergipanos.